ABOUT USMass times, directions, staff
STEWARDSHIPPraying, serving and giving
FAITH FORMATIONChildren & adult education
CALLED TO PROTECTProtection of children & youth
PARISH LIFEParish organizations
Helpful LinksCatholic Resources
See what's on Word on Fire TV.
Read about today's saint.
Scripture for today.
(480) 948-8380 ext. 33
More about Lynda
Oversee all administrative and financial aspects of the parish.
What year you started working at SMG:
What you like best about SMG:
The "welcome" feeling exhibited by the community (staff, ushers, greeters, volunteers) to all who enter here and the generosity of the parish members in giving of their time, talent and treasure.
What does Stewardship Look Like?
Catholic stewards take care of the world around us, including embracing the social teaching of the church.
- We work as partners with God in the redemption of the world.
- We respect human life and dignity.
- We protect the natural environment.
- We share our gifts (time, talents, and treasures) with others.
- We communicate our enthusiasm.
For your own development as a Catholic steward, it helps to spend time in prayer and reflection to recognize your gifts from God. Then discover how best to use those gifts for the benefit of others - and of course, invite others to discern and share their gifts, too.
The Challenges and Rewards of Stewardship
It is an incredible challenge to live in imitation of the life of Christ. We all face obstacles, opportunities, and challenges, living in a fast-paced environment with many responsibilities. Our spiritual hunger does not always get a chance to be nourished through prayer and action. However, a clear sense of purpose - nourished by the Eucharist and our rich Catholic tradition - opens the door for us to actively commit to a life of gratitude and responsibility; to thank God for his endless gifts, and then to decide what we can do to help the world. The rewards include:
- Making a difference in people's lives.
- Becoming an active member of a fulfilling Catholic community.
- Discovering talents inside you, waiting to be used.
- Letting go of your worries and setting realistic goals in both your spiritual and secular life.
- Experiencing the amazing increase in God's presence that comes with a partnership with the Lord.