ABOUT USMass times, directions, staff
STEWARDSHIPPraying, serving and giving
FAITH FORMATIONChildren & adult education
CALLED TO PROTECTProtection of children & youth
PARISH LIFEParish organizations
Helpful LinksCatholic Resources
See what's on Word on Fire TV.
Read about today's saint.
Scripture for today.
Samantha (Sammie) Wimmer
Youth Ministry, Baptism Preparation, Young Adult Ministry
(480) 948-8380 ext. 25
Welcome to all new parents and to the children. What a joyous occasion! A grace and a gift from God. Baptism incorporates us into the Body of Christ, the Church.
St. Maria Goretti Baptism information for infants and children under the age of seven:
1. Baptisms take place the second and fourth Sundays of the month after the 11:00 Mass.
2. Parents need to meet with Deacon Lou at least two months prior to the baptism.
3. Parents, as well as Godparents, are required to take a baptism preparation class held the First Saturday of the month in January, March, May, July, September and November, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
4. The baptized individual may have two sponsors (Godparents), one of which must be a practicing Catholic. Godparents must be at least 16 years old and have received all the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, First Eucharist and Confirmation). While only one Godparent is required, traditionally there are two (must be one male and one female). If the parents have a special friend who is baptized and practicing in another Christian faith, that person may serve as a Christian Witness and will be listed as such on the baptismal record.
5. Please provide a copy of your child's birth certificate.
6. To schedule an appointment with Deacon Lou Cornille, or for additional information, please contact Cindy Troiano at the above phone number and email address.
If you or your child were baptized at St. Maria Goretti and you are in need of a copy of the sacramental record, the request must be in writing (download records release form). The record can be picked up in person (photo ID required) or sent directly to the church in need of the information.
There are no events at this time.